At Beam, we’re proud of our heritage…
Our business began in 1977, with the first sales of "Neovac" Central Vacuum systems under the company name PE Keenan Distribution
We exhibited for the first time at The Belfast Telegraph Ideal Home Exhibition, Belfast in August 1978 and the first full-time sales representative was appointed. In 1979, the first distributor was appointed in Bantry, Co Cork – and Powervac continue to be key distributors for us today!
We introduced the BEAM brand to Ireland in 1980.
Our homes sales team and distribution network expanded throughout Ireland and we began exhibiting at regional fairs and shows throughout the country.
In 1990, we begin providing commercial vacuum solutions to factories, hotels, nursing homes, churches, offices and introduced a marketing department in 1993. Building on our success, we began providing industrial solutions to factories, cleanrooms etc in 1995. We had a successful run of awards including:
- Winner of Most Improved Distributor of the Year by Beam Industries USA (1990)
- Winner of Best Use of Programs & Materials by Beam Industries USA (1991 & 1992)
- Winner of Best Use of Programs & Materials by Beam Industries USA (1995)
In 2003 we were proud to be recognised as an “Investor in People” company. We hosted the Beam International Distributor Meeting in Dublin, attended by over 45 country representatives in 2004 and in 2006 moved to new custom-built Head Office in Magherafelt, Co. L’Derry, having outgrown our offices in Castledawson. We launched our new range of award winning rotary mechanical ventilation systems in 2007 to compliment our vacuum business. Our expansion into GB began in 2008 with the appointment of our first sales representative in Scotland.
Our awards continued throughout the decade:
- Winners of Best Marketing Award by Beam Industries USA (2001)
- Awarded Top 10 International Distributor by Beam Industries USA (2003 & 2006)
- Awarded No. 1 Export Distributor by Beam Industries USA for highest central vacuum sales outside North America (2007)
- Winner of Best Export Business in Mid-Ulster (NI) Awards, sponsored by Invest NI(2007)
- Winners of “Champions League” by Electrolux (2008)
Our ventilation range expands further with the introduction of ultra low-energy Counterflow technology in 2010.
Our commercial/industrial division is kept busy as a result of major contracts awarded by Microsoft, Pfizer, Diageo and Intel. In 2012 our distribution network in GB grows as 4 new companies join the Beam Team and we begin exhibiting at major building exhibition throughout GB. In 2011 we were officially recognised as “Beam Ambassador” by Electrolux.
60th Anniversary - Electrolux
Beam Vacuum & Ventilation Company Video