The Importance of Vehicle Exhaust Extraction
Operating petrol and diesel engineers in enclosed spaces is a well-documented risk, however we can provide expert advice to operators and have solutions available for the safe removal of toxic fumes.
Retractable Hose Extract Reel
Hose reels provide a convenient solution for storing an extract hose overhead, allowing it to be used over a wide area within a garage workshop.
- Reduced risk of damaging a hose as stored off the ground
- Less wear and tear on the hose
- A rewind function by a mechanical spring requires no maintenance and offers trouble free operation.
- Hose reels can be supplied with 5m, 7.5m and 10m hoses to suit requirements, e.g for installation at different heights and feature a locking mechanism to lock off the hose at the correct length to suit the work.
Integrated Exhaust extraction system
If it’s not possible to use overhead hoses or reels due to height restrictions and the physical limitations of the building, we are able to offer unique one-off solutions which provide savings in running costs:
- Custom underground exhaust extraction
- Stainless steel floor valves for durability and gas tight seal with extract hose
- Minimsed noise emissions from extract fan
Vehicle exhaust enclosure
We have developed large vehicle exhaust enclosures to provide diesel exhaust extraction. A roll-in roll-out design can accommodate large engine plant, and in addition, provide extraction of fumes generated during the initial start-up and test of the engines.
These systems incorporate unique design features to provide maximum fume extraction within a very large enclosure, whilst limiting the size and cost of the extract plant.
We can provide extract air curtains within the enclosures to allow for effective applications.
Electric Vehicle Charging
We can provide specialist ATEX extract systems for the purposes of multi-vehicle recharging stations.
Charging of electric vehicles powered by deep cycle lead-acid battery packs, is covered by separate regulations which relate to the risk of Hydrogen accumulation in enclosed spaces. The most common example of this application is electric forklift recharging.
Hydrogen is a highly inflammable gas which is released, along with Oxygen, when lead-acid batteries are recharged.
To discuss your requirements for Vehicle Exhaust Extraction, please contact us