Scotts on the Rocks, Co. Down
An example of outstanding contemporary architecture, this 3,000 sq.ft block & timberframe property scooped a prestigious Northern Ireland house award.
By installing a Beam Central Vacuum system and an AXCO Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery system into the property, the client’s aim was to build a future proof home in an age of ever emerging technology. Because of the exposed location on the cliff-top beside the sea and due to the airtightness level of the property, a mechanical ventilation with heat recovery system was vital to ensure a fresh, clean air, living environment.
The client, David, commented, “At the initial design stage of our house our aim was to build an energy efficient, sustainable home and because of the location, we wanted it to be airtight. A mechanical ventilation with heat recovery system (MVHR) was a must-have in order to ensure our house was properly ventilated without the need to open our windows or install trickle vents and therefore lose our heat. We have a constant supply of fresh, warm, filtered air. Coupled with the Beam central vacuum system, these systems make our home a healthier, fresher, energy efficient environment. We are absolutely delighted with the results."
The installation of an Axco Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery (MVHR) system increased the energy efficiency of the home and provided the following benefits;
- Constant supply of clean, fresh, warm, filtered air
- Eliminated the need to install extractor fans or trickle vents in the property
- Improved the energy efficiency of the building
- Provided complete condensation control throughout
A Beam Model 385EB complete with 9 strategically placed vacuum inlets was installed in the house providing;
- Convenient, hassle-free vacuuming of a large 3,000 sq.ft house – no need to lug around a portable vacuum
- Vacuuming that is silent at the point of cleaning
- Industrial strength motor means powerful cleaning which is five times more powerful than traditional drag-around vacuum cleaners