Love your pets in a Beam Clean Home
Date: 03 February 2021
Pets love to make themselves comfortable at home, including joining the family on the sofa in the evenings. But did you know that pets are the second most common cause of allergies in the home?
However, if you have pet allergies you’re not actually allergic to cat or dog hair. Instead the allergic reaction is caused by tiny proteins in an animal’s saliva. When animals groom themselves, they lick, and saliva coats the skin, fur or feathers. Skin cells covered in saliva are shed (this is called animal dander) along with loose hairs and fur. As dander is light and sticky even homes without pets may contain this as it tends to cling to clothes & shoes.
To help reduce the impact of pet allergy you should:
- Vacuum regularly, with a vacuum that has good filtration & suction.
- Confine existing pets to defined areas of the home.
- Remove carpets and rugs, if possible, from the rooms where pets are kept.
- Groom animals regularly outside to remove hairs.
- Clean surfaces, including walls regularly.
- Wash pet bedding frequently.
To the naked eye you cannot see many allergens, but they settle into the furniture and floors, continually causing harm to asthma and allergy sufferers.
Unlike conventional vacuum cleaners that can recirculate dust, a BEAM Central Vacuum System helps improve indoor air quality by removing 100% of contacted dirt, dust mites, pollen, pet dander and other allergen. Clinical Research (published in the Journal of Investigational Allergology & Clinical Immunology) has proven that a BEAM system provides measurable relief for allergy sufferers by as much as 61% and makes for a cleaner home and healthier living, even if you don't suffer from allergies.
Deep cleaning and allergen-reducing capabilities makes BEAM Central Vacuum Systems ideal for pet owners’ homes. In fact, numerous allergy physicians and environmental organizations such as the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) say the use of central vacuum systems may help some patients live comfortably with pets in the home. Because they exhaust no air into the room that can stir up pet dander and other allergens, and completely remove contacted allergens from the living area, a BEAM Central Vacuum System significantly reduces exposure to animal dander, dust mites and other allergens.
Up to five times more powerful than an upright vacuum, a BEAM Central Vacuum System deep cleans carpets, upholstery, draperies, wooden floors and tiles. You'll even dust less often! And there’s a comprehensive range of brushes and accessories which are perfect for getting into all those hard to reach places where pet dander may settle, including:
- A Crevice tool - is ideal for carpet edges, stairs, cabinets and around furniture. which could be hiding a build-up of pet hair and dander that you may not see;
- An Upholstery brush - a soft-bristled attachment designed to get rid of dust and dirt from delicate surfaces, such as sofas - you could even use it to vacuum the pet's bed.
- A Pet Grooming brush - the perfect accessory for grooming your pet!
In between vacuuming, it is recommended you brush and bath your pets regularly to help reduce the volume of pet hair laying around the home. As we know, our pets love spending time outside, but this brings in a lot of outside dirt into the home, and we aren’t just talking about mud! Therefore, it’s very important to clean all dirt before it poses a problem for your family's health.
A Beam Central Vacuum System is suitable for both new and existing homes. To arrange a free no obligation quotation, get in touch.