Continuous duty vacuum unit at renal dialysis centre
Baxter Healthcare, Dublin
Beam provided a multiple operator continuous duty vacuum unit with separate wet and dry collection vacuum tube networks.
Baxter Healthcare in Beacon Court, Sandyford are the renal dialysis providers to the Eastern Health Board. Baxter healthcare requirements were:
- A general vacuum, cleaning throughout the site on multiple floors and surfaces
- Spillage collection throughout all treatment rooms with a central collection of liquid and automatic discharge.
Beam surveyed the proposed drawings for the new renal dialysis centre. After a consultation with the M&E consultants, Beam concluded that a multiple operator continuous duty vacuum unit with separate wet and dry collection vacuum tube networks was required.
The units Beam specified were:
- 1 x Beam System Air 4Kw 3PH, 2 simultaneous operator central vacuum units with Intelli logic variable speed control
- 1 x Spencer 350litre wet collection separator with high and low level indication discharge pump and overfill protection
- 50 x 32mm dry vacuum inlets
- 10 x 32mm wet vacuum inlets
BENEFITS AND HOW THE REQUIREMENTS WERE MET
The benefits of a dual operator central vacuum are:
- Noise eliminated at the point of cleaning and in treatment rooms
- Lightweight hose reduces operator fatigue
- Recirculated air is eliminated from the environment enhancing the indoor air quality
- Operator efficiency is increased by 30%
- Self cleaning filter provides unsurpassed performance
- Collected waste is disposed of at one remote position eliminating cross contamination
- Large spillages can be collected without contamination
- Collected liquid is automatically discharged to the drain
- Discharging contaminated liquid from portable vacuum is eliminated