Industrial Central Vacuum System for Plastic Component Manufacturer
Industrial Central Vacuum System leaves dust and fume in the rear view!
Mirror Controls International invented the first automotive, powered mirror actuator, and have since expanded and developed their portfolio to include a multitude of innovative and patented products to support autonomous vehicle and equipment operations. They have a modern highly automated manufacturing plant located in Manorhamilton, Co. Leitrim.
During the manufacture and extrusion of complex plastic components, the client recognised a need for dust and fume extraction at their plant and contacted Beam for advice.
Following a survey by BEAM engineers, two separate systems were proposed and implemented:
1. A factorywide industrial central vacuum system to allow rapid cleaning and upkeep of the production machines;
2. A new LEV Fume Extraction system to be applied to new extrusion processes.
Following installation, there has been a marked contribution to the productivity and improved conditions within the factory. The Beam industrial central vacuum system delivers a built-in convenient procedure to carry out essential daily PPM’s across the production floor.
Industrial Central Vacuum System
Beam supplied a 7.5 kW industrial central vacuum unit located in a store outside the production area. Approximately 200m of smoothflow steel tubing was installed to distribute the vacuum to suction inlet valves placed right beside the critical areas.
The suction starts automatically when a cleaning hose is inserted into an inlet valve, allowing the operators to quickly vacuum debris from the equipment. Vacuumed material is carried along the pipe system and collected in the bin of the unit.
Smoothflow steel ducting is installed within the production area. The system uses long pattern elbows and TY’s for the conveying of waste debris and airtight joints with bolt-on couplings. Beam offer the conveying ductwork in uPVC, galvanised steel and stainless steel to suit client’s requirements.
• Replaced multiple portable vacuums, enabling regular vacuum cleaning on demand.
• Eliminated the inconvenience and tripping / electrical hazards of using portable vacuum cleaners.
• Availability of a convenient cleaning hose at the point of use has transformed the upkeep of the manufacturing equipment,
• Regular cleaning maintenance has become a routine task benefitting production quality and personnel.
• Suction inlet valves located at the points of use have freed-up floor space
• icient collection and convenient and hygienic disposal of waste
Tom Rochford, Process Engineer at Mirror Controls:
“Beam have become our go to supplier for our specialist vacuum cleaning and fume extraction systems. The quality of the products, service and sale advice is second to none. If you are looking for top quality advice with the experience and know-how to deliver, I have no hesitation in recommending BEAM."
Get In Touch
Contact us today to learn more about a Beam Industrial Central Vacuum System and the benefits it will have for your buisiness and staff.